Product for repair or addiction of crystalline technology waterproofing layer.
waterproofs the concrete by crystallization of the capillary network.
Safer and more profitable than any waterproofing system
Krytaline 1 reacts with un-hydrated cement particles to grow millions of needle-like crystals deep into the concrete mass. Over a period of weeks and months, these crystals grow, filling the naturally occurring pores and voids in concrete, and permanently blocking the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Later, if cracks form due to settling or shrinkage, incoming water triggers the crystallization process and additional crystals begin to grow, filling cracks and ensuring that the structure’s waterproofing barrier is maintained and protected.
The concrete itself becomes the waterproof layer and the surface treatment is not required to remain intact for the system to be effective. Krystaline 1 consists of Portland cement, specially treated quartz sand and a compound of active chemicals. Krystaline 1 is supplied in powder form and needs only to be mixed with water prior to application.
Features & Key Benefits
- Replaces unreliable exterior membranes, liners and coatings
- Reaches well below the surface and is not affected by surface wear or abrasion
- Self-seals hairline cracks up to 0.7 mm
- Reactivates in the presence of moisture
- Effective against hydrostatic pressure up to 120 m of head pressure
- Waterproofing increases with time
- Waterproofs from any direction (i.e. positive or negative side)
- Treatment may be applied to old or new concrete
- Safe for contact with potable water
- Protects reinforcing steel against corrosion
- Increased durability decreases building maintenance and repair costs
- Maritime projects
- Submarine works
- Elevator pits
- Concrete walls
- Concrete slabs
- Construction joints
- Marine structures
- Swimming pools
- Water treatment plants
- Potable water tanks
- Parking structures