Do you need more information about our products?
KRYSTALINE Dry main features
- Krystaline Dry is a specially formulated crystalline grout available with or without fibers designed to be used for filling tie holes, honeycombs and as part of the Krystaline joints design system.
- Krystaline Dry is a multipurpose crystalline mortar that can be used in a variety of situations and places. It functions as a crystalline grout by creating a reaction with un-hydrated cement particles to increase the calcium silicate hydrate within the grout to grow millions of needle-like crystals deep throughout the mass of the grout.
- Over a period of days, these crystals will grow, filling any pores and voids in the grout permanently blocking the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Later, if cracks should form in the grouted areas due to settling or shrinkage, incoming water triggers the crystallization process and additional crystals will self-heal any micro cracks ensuring that the structure’s waterproofing barrier is maintained and protected.
- The Krystaline Dry consists of Portland cement, specially treated quartz sand and a compound of active chemicals. Krystaline Dry is supplied in powder form and needs only to be mixed with water prior to application.
KRYSTALINE Dry application
- All concrete to be treated with Krystaline Dry must be clean and have an “open” capillary system. Remove laitance, dirt, grease, etc. by means of high pressure water jetting, wet sandblasting or wire brushing.
- Surfaces must be roughened and thoroughly saturated prior to the Krystaline Dry application (remove any free-standing water from the surface before application). Krystaline Dry must be applied to saturated concrete.
- Pour water into a clean suitable mixing vessel, then gradually add the Krystaline Dry powder into the water while mixing with a low speed paddle mixer until a thick moldable grout is achieved. Only mix suitable quantities that can be applied within 30 minutes and stir mixture frequently. If the mixture starts to set, do not remix with additional liquid, simply re-stir to restore workability.
- Mixing Ratio: Use 4 parts of Krystaline Dry powder to 1 part water by volume for thick plastic moldable grout consistency. When applying honeycombs deeper than 1.5 cm, use 0.6 to 1 cm pea gravel at 1.5 parts pea gravel to 4 parts Krystaline Dry.
- Post Treatment – Once the Krystaline Dry treatment has reached initial set, moist cure with a fine mist spray of water 2 – 3 times per day for three days. In hot or windy conditions, it should be cured more frequently. Alternative methods can be employed such as covering the application with wet burlap. During the curing period the Krystaline Dry treatment must be protected from rainfall, frost and water puddles.
- Contact a Krystaline representative for more detailed application instructions.
- Krystaline Dry is an effective waterproofing system for rigid concrete structures only and may not reliably seal cracks and joints that experience constant or repeated movement.
KRYSTALINE Dry main benefits
- Stops water ingress through tie holes, and construction joints
- Can be used as a replacement or together with expanding water bar as part of the joint design system
- Self-seals hairline cracks
- Reactivates in the presence of moisture
- Waterproofing increases with time
- Waterproofs from any direction (i.e. positive or negative side)
- Designed specifically for use in new construction as part of a complete tanking system but may be used on old concrete as well.
- Safe for contact with potable water
- Resistant to the freeze-thaw cycle
- Protects reinforcing steel against corrosion
- Increased durability decreases building maintenance and repair costs
- Maritime projects
- Submarine works
- Elevator pits
- Concrete walls and slabs
- Construction joints
- Marine structures
- Swimming pools
- Water treatment plants
- Potable water tanks
- Parking structures