Do you need more information about our products?
KRYSTALINE Add1 HD main features
- Krystaline Add1 HD is a next generation, very low dosage crystalline admixture.
- Available in predosed 1 kg water soluble bags to be added directly to the concrete mix.
- Designed for fast setting mix designs.
- Unique solution for low w/c concretes with high doses of PCE superplasticizer.
- Waterproofs and improves the durability of concrete using hydrophilic, hydration enhancing, crystalline technology.
KRYSTALINE Add1 HD performance
- Concrete is a naturally porous material, with microcracks, voids, pores and capillaries that are formed mainly in the early stages of curing. The more interconnection between these holes, the more permeable the concrete is and the more prone to damage caused by the entry of water and corrosive agents. Krystaline Add1 HD technology virtually eliminates porosity of the concrete and many of its inherent weaknesses, which increases durability.
- Krystaline Add1 HD acts by hydrophilic crystallization. Through a catalytic process it creates a chemical reaction between the unhydrated cement particles and water, creating additional insoluble crystalline hydration which fill the concrete’s capillary network. These crystal deposits become an integral part of the hydrated paste. The resulting concrete has a significantly greater ability to autogenously heal cracks and resist the penetration of water under hydrostatic pressure.
KRYSTALINE Add1 HD application
- Krystaline Add1 HD is a dry powder that is added directly to the concrete during mixing. The dosage rate is 1 kg per m³ of concrete. Reduce the water component by approximately 8 to 12% to achieve equal slumps on most mix designs (subject to mix design and raw material components). Even though the concrete will look less wet than most concrete mixes, it will provide an increased workability resulting and increased productivity.
- Prior testing is recommended.
- Contact a Krystaline representative for more detailed application instructions.
KRYSTALINE Add1 HD main benefits
- Compatible with superplasticizers (such as lignosulphonates and polycarboxylates)
- Stop water leaks in concrete
- Seals and waterproofs cracks up to 0.5 mm
- Protects reinforcing steel against corrosion
- Total and permanent waterproofing
- Waterproofing increases with time
- Gives concrete excellent resistance to attack by sulphates and chloride
- Not affected by surface wear or abrasion
- Effective against hydrostatic pressure up to 12 bar
- Waterproofs from any direction (positive or negative side)
- Water vapor permeable
- Safe for contact with potable water
- Replaces unreliable exterior membranes and coatings
- Reduces shrinkage cracks
- Reduces water demand by approximately 8 to 12% subject to mix design
- Eliminates the use of a waterproofing sub-trade
- Continually improves impermeability benefits with time
- Will reactivate should water be present in the future
- Will increase the durability of the concrete
KRYSTALINE Add1 HD typical applications
- Maritime projects
- Submarine works
- Elevator pits
- Concrete walls
- Concrete slabs
- Marine structures
- Swimming pools
- Water treatment plants
- Potable water tanks
- Parking structures